Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why doesn't outrageous "busy-ness" make me skinny?

Have you ever thought about it? There is no time to eat, constant motion, stress levels are raging, calories are burning left and right....and yet, what inevitably happens? A FIVE POUND WEIGHT GAIN!!! Oh well, at least I'm loved...

We went fishing Friday afternoon after a drizzly rain. Josiah pulled in a beautifully colored needle fish. Stennes tried valiantly to remove the hook from the mouth, but those teeth were WHOO-HOO sharp. Paul finally stepped forward, squared his shoulders, and took the necessary pain. The fish died anyway. Oh well, at least we caught one....

We've been busy preparing for Spring Fling and for my mother-in-law's visit this coming Saturday. I'm really looking forward to seeing her. Yep, got big plans (hint, hint), lots of things to do for performances (hint, hint), books that need shelving (hint, hint), Girls' Day Out shopping (hint, hint). Oh well, maybe we can at least sit and sip tea...

As I sit here surrounded by pieces of cut paper, books on the floor, work that needs to be finished, and pencils that are dull, I wonder what God must think of all my "busy-ness". I think tonight I'll just turn my eyes the other way, play "This little piggy..." with the baby, and tell the kiddos I love them, love them, love them. Oh well, the work will wait anyway...