Monday, May 19, 2008

How do our gardens grow...?

Here are Poppins' famous tomatoes of different varieties. These will soon be staked with bamboo, as they usually grow higher than we can reach overhead.
This is a part of Anders' garden. I thought the corn stalk looked mighty proud and peacock-like. Each child has his own garden; Stennes has the largest. His is out in a fenced area behind the back yard.
Poppins has planted 4 citrus trees of different varieties this year. They're coming along beautifully, and we hope to pick some yummy fresh fruit this coming year.

Here is my little herb section. I really enjoy mint, rosemary, and basil. Unfortunately, the puppy also enjoys my basil, so I need to replace the plant. This little section brings me much satisfaction and adds tasty flavors to our simple meals.