Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cloudy Mother's Day


This morning we went to the Boat Basin, a local park with a small beach area. It was cool and cloudy, but the children enjoy swimming so much.

Here are the six of them, although one is still submerged. They are probably looking for buried treasure. Daddy and I are sitting on the beach, keeping an eye open for gators. Oofda!
ChubChub enjoyed playing in the sand. His little swim trunks were quite full of sand and pebbles by the time we went home.


And here is The Girl, shaking with cold. She enjoys playing with the boys, but the cold water and air eventually won out. She decided to rest on the beach for a while, wrapped in a cozy towel.
But what about Mother's Day? I received a sweet card and a promise for a plant of my choice. I can't wait to choose my new plant. Basil? A flowering shrub? Something exotic? Choices, choices...